View Single Post
Old 05-06-18, 06:19 AM
zacster

Bikes: Kuota Kredo/Chorus, Trek 7000 commuter, Trek 8000 MTB and a few others

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 464 Times in 365 Posts
If you haven't already, check the DCRainmaker website. There is a very thorough side by side review of the two. I doubt anyone on BF has any more input. I myself have the Bolt and I'm very happy with it. Setup was a breeze and it attached to my sensors without any problem, Wahoo speed and cadence, an old Garmin HRM, and then my Assioma pedals. Home wifi setup was a snap, it paired with a phone easily. RidewithGPS routes just appeared on my Bolt after I signed in through the phone app. It all happens so seamlessly. Text messages and phone calls appear on it, although you can't reply through it. If something doesn't seem right to you as you use it, there is always a setup screen to change it. All this, and I don't really use the GPS features because every cycling route in the NYC area is etched in my brain already.

One feature it doesn't have that I'd use is auto lap, where you press a button and it automatically sets the lap when the GPS detects you are back to the same point. I would use that in Prospect and Central Parks on the loops. RidewithGPS and Strava will show the results after the fact but it would be good to know while riding.

Last edited by zacster; 05-06-18 at 06:24 AM.