Old 03-10-20, 09:44 PM
seypat

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3241 Post(s)
Liked 2,512 Times in 1,510 Posts
Originally Posted by seypat
Man, I have been having some bad luck this year. One strange, stupid incident after another. Yesterday, as I was exiting the Sam's Club gas station, there was a car wreck right in front of me. One rear ended another. The front car creeps down into the Walmart parking lot next to the Sam's. The other goes down to a different entrance. I turn behind the front car and keep an eye on the back one. She acts like she is going to turn into the parking lot, but makes a U turn instead, stomps on it and speeds away. Hit and run, Baby! I turn around and take off in pursuit. It's not hot pursuit. You can only pursue so fast in a 1 ton van with a couple of pallets of stuff on it. I lost her at a light about a mile from the scene. So I turn around and go back to the scene. By the time the fuzz arrived and I gave a statement, etc. it was too late to go to Fredericksburg and make my deliveries.
So I go there today. After the deliveries, I spot a couple of vintage drop bar roadies in front of a pawn shop. I stop and take a look. After the look, I was walking back to the van and noticed a sheet metal screw imbedded in one of my tires. I still have to drive back to Richmond. I find a level spot and remove the screw. Even though it was in a tread knob it is long enough to go through and the tire starts leaking. I have to put on the spare. Now the glass half full person would say finding the screw was actually good luck because the tire could have blown out on the return trip and caused a bad accident. Still, it seems like something like this is happening every week. Every freaking week.