Old 04-09-20, 06:01 PM
TXsailor

Bikes: Origin-8 Lactic Acid Giant Escape 2 Centurian Lemans 12 Kuwahara Tandem 1989 Ironman Expert 1988 Ironman Master

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 241 Post(s)
Liked 82 Times in 59 Posts
Originally Posted by Classtime
Ya. The Nitto 115 is 25.4 but you can shim it and use a 26mm stem. I use a shim on my 86 to use my Nitto Dynamic 11 which is 26mm.

And more pictures? I've struggled with this decision for months--upgrade my brakes? Ride an IM without BioPace? I put some Dura holders on my Classic but they looked wrong and made the calipers head upwards too much for me. Then I put on some Ultegra dual pivots and the Gran Comp levers didn't pop back being springless. So I put on some late model Gran Comps which are much better with the newer brakes. Now without the bronze finish on the levers and brakes, the bronze BioPace chain rings had to go. I went whole hog and put on my TA crankset with a normal 39/53.

Proper place for Dura holders

Placeholders for SLR

Pretty Crankset

Is 10 speed next?
I have Ultegra brakes like yours on two Ironman bikes. One has Exage levers and the other has new Tektro levers. They work great. The bike I am building for my daughter has them too. On hers I used the Tektro levers for small hands. I should have it done soon. I have it ready for her to test ride and get everything set to fit her.
Likes For TXsailor: