Thread: C&V Zwift
View Single Post
Old 01-06-20, 10:29 PM
Russ Roth

Bikes: 2010 Carrera Volans, 2015 C-Dale Trail 2sl, 2017 Raleigh Rush Hour, 2017 Blue Proseccio, 1992 Giant Perigee, 80s Gitane Rallye Tandem

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1090 Post(s)
Liked 1,028 Times in 724 Posts
I've tried zwift and set up my bike with a cadence sensor and a wahoo trainer that has a built in power meter and speed sensor that can communicate with my phone. Even casting screen to the tv and letting it estimate the speed for inclines and such I found it didn't make the riding any more enjoyable. Ended up putting the tv actually on and letting the phone record the results without looking at the screen. But I've been wanting to try something better and the cyclops hammer trainer is down to 650 although you need a separate cadence sensor. Rouvy seems to have less people but I really appreciate the scenery more and the interactive nature so that the resistance changes to match topography really makes it more enjoyable. 40 min of watching the screen with that one went painfully fast. I'm sure the zwift interactive is probably just as good but I find I do prefer the real life scenery. The weather has been good enough to ride so I haven't spent too much time on it; wife likes the interactive trainer so much she wanted her own bike hooked up to her own separate trainer, which, while expensive, is cheaper then the peloton she was originally asking for. Next paycheck will result in a pair of heart rate monitors for some of the interval training programs.