Old 02-19-18, 04:15 PM
Cuyuna

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by gettingold
What are your thoughts on those drop bars? The flat bars on my fat bike leave my wrists in agony.
If flat bars leave your wrists in agony, drop bars are definitely going to be a no-go. I just ditched my Crossrip for an FX specifically for that reason. Drop bars put too much pressure on my wrists because they pull me too far forward. Over the last 25 years, I have tens of thousands of miles on my good ol' Paramount Series 5, but I reached an age where I just can't do that anymore. If your wrist pain is due to arthritis, which it probably is, then the best route to happiness for you is likely going to me a more upright riding position, as in bars higher and closer. Sometimes greater sweep helps, a carbon bar will help, and grips especially will help. I use Ergons and they're excellent...they allow broader pressure on the little-finger side of your palm, relieving pressure on the more arthritic part of your wrist.

I switched my bars to a carbon riser bar with 9 degree sweep and a stem with a steeper angle and shorter reach.