Old 05-21-19, 06:02 PM
bowzette

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by roundrocktom
Tell me more about that bike night!

I'm out having fun with my Catrike Dumont [Front is 30, 39, 52; the rear is 11-36 cassete] but need to keep my legs moving.

I had a blast on the Rookie Tri. We road the path around Decker Lake, so good hills on parts. I didn't know the course and messed up as I didn't downshift in time and had to crank up the hill. Yikes! I had missed a turn in the water, so was already wiped out before I started the bike portion. The best part was everyone who had passed me in the water I passed on the bike portion, but they caught and passed me during the run — still a fun time of it.

I had forgotten to hit my watch to start on time, but there is a steep hill at the top left — about 60' elevation climb. I couldn't downshift, just cranked up in high gear averaging about two mph — a lot of walkers on the hill.

Can not post images or links. Look at Decker Lake (290 & 130). The 12 Mile bike path was around the lake — just a blast since roads were blocked to traffic, Travis Sherrif and DPS out diverting traffic. I started to stop for a STOP SIGN and had DPS wave me through. (closed course, no traffic but mentally see a stop sign, I stop). Being waved through, Yeehaa!
COTA site for Bike Night Bike Nights | Circuit of The Americas On the Windcheetah I average 14-14.5 mph and the e-assist Dumont 22-22.5 mph with an average heart rate of 80-82% of max HR for either one. I work just as hard I just go a lot faster with the e-assist. The WC is more than half the weight of the Dumont with motor but goes just as fast down The Hill-really aero.