Old 06-20-19, 03:07 PM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4560 Post(s)
Liked 2,802 Times in 1,800 Posts
I had no sensations during the bone healing process, but my break was relatively minor -- the coracoid process, a bone about the size of the end of my thumb that supports the rest of the dangly bits of the shoulder and arm.

Because I wasn't a candidate for surgery I had to let it heal naturally. I was surprised that it healed just about perfectly within six weeks. I'm 61 with borderline osteoporosis, so I expected problems. But the bone healed fine on schedule without surgery.

The tough part was the soft tissue stuff. Oddly, the residual chronic pain hasn't been the shoulder joint area. It's the shoulder blade, between the scapula and spine. Same with a 40something friend who's had serious collarbone/shoulder injuries on both sides in the past 3 years. She says the shoulder and collarbone are fine but she gets the same aches between the scapula and spine.

I've been in PT for six weeks and it's helped significantly. But I'm going to a chiropractor soon for the muscle pain between the scapula and spine.