View Single Post
Old 07-22-19, 11:19 AM
hubcyclist

Bikes: 2017 Raleigh RX 1.0, 2018 Specialized Allez

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 471 Post(s)
Liked 632 Times in 337 Posts
Just wrapping up a short power build cycle in advance of CX season. It's been pretty mediocre; I mean, I'm better but I still have work to do in the next few weeks. Part of the mediocrity has been trying to do some workouts while on vacation on roads not really great for the type of work I was doing, and another part is doing short power on the trainer has been awful due to the indoor temp. I have a lasko pro performance and another less good lasko but really need one or two more pro's because I'm really cooking at vo2 wattages (90 sec at 120% seems to be where I really start to overcook). I miss my 50 degree winter training lol

I'm supposed to do a 150mile gravel event in August and while I'm probably good for it (I did 100miles a few weeks ago), I haven't been doing much big mileage the past few weeks, so need to mix some in over the next few weeks.

I also regret not doing a duathlon yesterday that I could have been pretty competitive in. It is refreshing to see so many people do these events (my wife did her first triathlon, so was there to support), people had all sorts of bikes from MTB and some had cruiser bikes. Of course everyone got a medal lol All I get in bike racing is a bruised ego!