View Single Post
Old 09-07-18, 09:06 AM
deacon mark

Bikes: Habanero Titanium Team Nuevo

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked 185 Times in 121 Posts
I am not a dr but I would ask questions. In my case at 57 my prostate was huge and I was going to the bathroom 20 times a day. I had retention and would probably go an just get rid of about 20% of my urine. I waited too long should have done it 2 years ago I think. My wife is battling re-occurring breast cancer and has had that for 9 years so I tried to ignore. Bottom line it was good I did have a catheter in for about 24 hours due to the complications. I initially started to void after taking it out for 4 hours then plugged up again and they straight cath me once time after that and I finally started going ok. I went home and it was better immediately after that and other than bloody urine was going fine and less.

Seems like now I go about 10-12 time in a 12 hour period. I still get up once at night but I drink a lot of liquid in the evening, I do not put out huge amount of urine each time maybe 6-8 oz tops but I can now go. I had the surgery on May 2nd and then my first ride was about 2 weeks later. That went ok but then did a 40 mile ride 3 weeks after that seemed ok but then few days later out for 44 and had real dark bloody urine and had to back off. That stopped after about 7 weeks I would get some in AM after running or a ride. I stayed off bike for another week after that.

Good luck and let me know how things go.