Old 02-27-19, 04:47 PM
GeorgeMD

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
blue

Originally Posted by badger1
The collar recall is a non-issue, imo. Certainly hasn't led me to cancel my order (Sirrus X Comp). My LBS is busy replacing the old collar on customers' existing FS bikes, and tells me that all FS bikes shipped since the first week or so of January have the new collar factory installed.
Yup, I agree with you, I think it speaks well of them as a company. The recall made me second guess but I realize the collar has nothing to do with the tech itself. I don't know if the non-oem companies could respond to a recall as well as they do.
Delicate? No; no reason to suppose so. Carbon composite is a mature technology at this point for bicycle frame construction, alongside aluminum, steel, titanium. If you buy a Sirrus X Comp it will not asplode underneath you if you jump a curb or bunny-hop a storm grate.
Hehe, Im a bit paranoid an delicate with my toys, I realize this is a tough material.
The only thing that freaked me out was when I researched traveling long distance with bike rack on back of car, one scenario I read of is a carbon bike getting loose from its clasp, the frame rubbing against the metal rack destroying it.

Anyways, I went and sat on the Trek FX4, it was quite a sexy bike, however I think I sticking with the Xcomp. Im going to go test ride a size Medium, and if I like the feel of carbon (never tried it) I will order it in large.
CANT WAIT!