View Single Post
Old 06-18-19, 01:32 PM
cranky old road 
Let your bike be the tool

Bikes: '66 Raleigh Carlton, '70 Ron Cooper, '95 Bianchi CD'I, Zonal Frame with Xenon gruppo, Carbon Frame with Record Gruppo, Columbia Twosome, Terry Classic, Bianchi SX, Gravity SS/FG

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 336 Post(s)
Liked 313 Times in 193 Posts
Yeah, my last experience with PBK was bizarre. Sorry for the lengthy post but the experience was lengthy.
Since I bought clothing and group sets from them years ago (before The Hut bought them) I've received sale emails. They advertised a pair of special edition gray Shimano MTB shoes in my size that included SPD pedals for a price that was "too good to be true" so I ordered them thinking they might be nice for touring some day. (I use SpeedplayX road pedals that are not set up for walking around.) For a couple of months I got emails saying they were aware that my order had not shipped and that they were looking into it. I finally got an email saying that the item was not available. The next day I got an email saying that my order had shipped! When the order arrived a week later or so they were bright white shoes with no pedals. I explained through their internal communication system that the order was incorrect and I needed to return them at their expense. The initial response offered a discount on my next order and a reduced price. I explained that white shoes without pedals were not appropriate for my needs. The response was that return shipping is sometimes more than the value of items and asking if I could get some return shipping quotes. I packed the shoes back up and took them to Fedex and to UPS asking their cheapest service and they wanted around 4 times what I had paid for the shoes. I sent the quotes and got a response asking for the dimensions and weight of the package. I sent that and got an identical query about the dimensions signed by a different name. I copied and re-sent my dimensions communication (all of these communications appear in a list on their page like text messages do on a phone). I got a third identical message. I asked them to read up the series of messages for the information. They asked for a time they could arrange to have the grey shoes picked up (through-out our interactions they had referred to the shipment as if they had sent the item I had ordered and I repeatedly corrected them.) I told them anytime in the next couple of days would be fine with me. They replied that they needed a week's lead time to pick up the gray shoes. I said fine and picked a day a week away. I got a call the next day from Fed-Ex asking if we could set a time the next day to pick the box up and they did. After a week or so I got a message that they had received the gray shoes and a refund would be credited to my card, but the amount indicated did not include the shipping charge. I explained that they were to refund the shipping as well, and finally did get a full refund. I still get weekly sale emails from them.