View Single Post
Old 07-09-19, 10:43 PM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2495 Post(s)
Liked 738 Times in 522 Posts
Originally Posted by wttrjenkins
I already said I'd like to get a proper fit, just can't afford it and wanted to get it as close as I can for now.
You don't need to spend a single dollar to get a proper fit. Hop on over to this website and follow their instructions for measuring your body. Put the information into the calculator and see how it squares with what you have already got dialed in on the bike. I daresay the majority of non-competitive cyclists have never had a professional fitting. You might find you need a new stem. Under $20. One thing you should do immediately is forget that you ever heard of knee over pedal spindle and center your saddle (front and back) over the seatpost. When people tell me a saddle is hurting them I find that often they have the saddle too far backwards and are sitting on the narrowest part of the saddle. A wider saddle only helps a little when that is the case. Moving the saddle forward allows the rider to sit on the wide part of the saddle as was intended. And absolutely if you are doing ~30 miles you should be wearing cycling shorts. Pearl Izumi Quest saddle on sale is worth whatever they charge. You will also need, if you don't already have them, clipless pedals. That means shoes that can take the matching cleats. You need either those or PowerGrips but you cannot do this right with the stock pedals the bike came with. I invite you to share more details about the bike: size, dimensions of stuff that matters, and of course your own dimensions. Good luck.

Last edited by Leisesturm; 07-09-19 at 10:56 PM.