Old 07-12-19, 09:11 AM
NoWhammies

Bikes: Argon 18 Gallium, BH G7, Rocky Mountain Instinct C70

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 512 Times in 306 Posts
Originally Posted by kissTheApex
My GAS got quite bad that I turned my garage into a workshop and started building guitars . Haven’t started winding my own pickups yet though, so my doctor says there might be hope for me.
Why the unhappy face? Building guitars sounds pretty damn cool to me. Then again, I haven't lost a garage!

Originally Posted by guachi
First thought when I saw the topic was "cameras!!!!"

I was not disappointed.

I think cycling appeals to the GAS type as there is a lot of tech and product involved to obsess about. It's similar to PC hobbyists but they replace things (usually) rather than simply accumulate more computers.

In my defense I will say that liking the camera/cycling stuff I own makes me use it more and happier when I use it. It gives me something to learn about and get better at. Plus, my wife is sort of into both, too! She doesn't obsess about the tech but she's a better photographer and will use a "real" camera rather than a phone camera to take pictures on vacations. And she's started using the Wahoo Kickr almost as often as I have.
Yeah, I'm in to photography too and I find the crossover between cameras and wanting to buy cycling stuff happening all the time. Plus being on here and reading about new helmets, kits, chain cleaners, etc. makes me want to get in and do all that stuff too. Luckily Mrs. NoWhammies doesn't mind me indulging, although she does wonder where all the gear is going to go/fit.