Old 05-12-19, 09:17 PM
taras0000
Lapped 3x

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 325 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Rooni
Thanks very much everyone for the advice!

The general consensus is more saddle time so that's what exactly what I shall do.

taras0000 - thank you very much for the advice. Saddle time it is, you have pretty much hit the nail on the head with what I have been finding in my own assessments at the track. Rollers, track and road it will be. Plus the mercury in the UK is starting to rise which gives me more excuses to be outside.

carleton - thank you very much for your reply and the link. I have read many of your posts so I hugely appreciate the feedback. In regards to track fitness, I have a question - in rowing we focused a lot on something called 'UT2' training which was training blocks of 20-30 minutes at 60-75% HR, this was to build our aerobic base and the theory was that we needed that UT2 base to be able to perform well in the anaerobic work for 2km races. Is that the same for track sprinting disciplines or is the attitude more that endurance work will slow you down?

I am going to try post a monthly progress report so any advice along the way would be greatly appreciated!
You need to be fit to get fast. Without a decent aerobic base, you won't be able to make it through a sprint workout.

This is a link to a post from another thread. You'll probably come across some similarities from your foray into rowing. If you have any questions, kepp them coming.

https://www.bikeforums.net/20858071-post4.html