View Single Post
Old 05-28-20, 03:04 PM
furiousferret

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 842 Post(s)
Liked 469 Times in 250 Posts
Originally Posted by big john
I don't know if you saw it but a member here started his own forum, SoCal Bike Forum.com, I think. It lasted a couple years and picked up some advertising but eventually petered out. They sold jerseys and organized rides and a lot of rides were organized by a woman I know. Some of those rides had 50 or 60 riders. She had a presence here and on that forum and a certain guy and a couple of his idiot friends started stalking her, insulting her on the forum, calling her fat, etc. I couldn't understand it and even called the guy out but he kept on until she dropped out of sight.
I checked it out but it seemed so dead I really didn't bother.

Originally Posted by TMonk
UMD (Steve) once called an ambulance for me when I was knocked out unconscious from a wipeout down Old San Marcos road. I was interning at the Materials Lab at UCSB during college. Wanted to show him my descending skills...

Now I don't like going over 35 MPH anymore - I ride the brakes. Too scared!
UMD kind of got me into this because he was the one guy that would talk about racing in the SoCal Forum, and I didn't know something like it existed. Obviously I knew of the Tour, but I didn't think past centuries and triathlons there was anything for everyday joes. Of course after I found out I thought it was something I would never be at a level to do and didn't have balls to do it for 6 years.
Likes For furiousferret: