Old 07-29-20, 07:04 AM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 353 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20791 Post(s)
Liked 9,436 Times in 4,663 Posts
Originally Posted by bampilot06
The schools in newport news are pretty bad. Yorktown, Williamsburg, and chesapeake have the best schools. Chesapeake is on the other side of the water and was farther away than we were interested in. Yorktown was our first choice, but we were pretty specific in what we wanted in a house and a neighborhood and the same house we are buying in williamsburg would have been 75k more.

Williamsburg is a little more cycle friendly than newport news. Newport news does not have any bike lanes or mups, williamsburg has a few, and the lay out of the city is different which also helps. Newport news is really long and skinny. We have three major roads that run parallel the length of the city, and depending on the time of the day I would not recommend riding a bike on one. Hence why my bike routes look so funky, I’m stuck to back roads.
What area/neighborhood will you be in? The In-laws are in the Burton Woods, according to Google Maps, though I've never heard them refer to it as such. They're about 4-5 miles north of Historic Jamestown, in any event.