Bah Humbug
serious cyclist

Bikes: S1, R2, P2

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9334 Post(s)
Liked 3,679 Times in 2,026 Posts
Originally Posted by big john
I found a purse on the street. There was no money in it but there was a checkbook and some other stuff. I called the number on the checks and a man said it was stolen from his wife and he drove over to get it.

I saw a guy on a beater bike take a purse from a lady on the street in a busy area. I chased him in my Corvair and finally got in front of him and got out of the car and he threw the purse at my feet and turned and rode away. I thought about hitting him but it might have killed him. He was scrawny and looked like a tweeker. I took the purse to the police station and the cop was quite rude to me, as if I had stolen it. He calmed down after he saw there was several hundred dollars inside. The cops gave my number to the lady and she called to thank me. It made me feel all warm and fuzzy.
A couple of years ago I found a wallet outside a Starbucks while running. Looked up the (very specific) name on Facebook and gave it back to her. Funnily enough, she was a minor outlier in the Austin tri scene.
Likes For Bah Humbug: