Thread: Addiction LXXIX
View Single Post
Old 08-11-20, 12:25 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10424 Post(s)
Liked 11,897 Times in 6,094 Posts
Originally Posted by phrantic09
I have a severe amount of anxiety about them going back. Their desks are going to be 6 feet apart and they are required to wear a mask all day, but I just don’t trust other parents to do the right thing and be truthful.

Every morning we have to fill out a health questionnaire and I’m positive other families will not be truthful about where they’ve traveled or if the kids have fevers.
The flip side of that is out here, none of the schools are doing in-person, but they're being a lot more formal in their approach to distance learning, so especially for the younger kids they want an adult sitting with the child during the 'classtime', rather than just setting the kid in front of the screen. This impacts the folks who work for me, who are already working odd hours so the lab isn't full of people, and doing their data analysis at home. If they have to be with their kid and paying attention to the teacher, they can't be working on data.

It's all totally nuts.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles