View Single Post
Old 10-09-19, 07:04 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10964 Post(s)
Liked 7,490 Times in 4,189 Posts
Originally Posted by Lab4Us
Would love to. 10 miles once so far. 61 yoa and three stents in my heart slows me down just a tiny bit. Then there’s the first bike in 45 years thing. Working to get up to regular 10 mile rides before it’s too cold. Come next Spring I should be able to push myself a bit harder.

Thanks for the suggestion though, will get some more miles under my belt before I take the bike back in.
1- Everyone comes to cycling from a different position in life, so however miles you can ride right now is perfectly OK. Cycling is always better than alternatives like watching reruns or mowing the yard.
2- Assuming everything works as expected right now and for the rest of the fall, check to see if the adjustment/tune-up is for any time within the first year or what the timeline is. In your situation, I would much rather ride it as is for the fall, ride it in the spring, then tale it in later in the spring.
Likes For mstateglfr: