View Single Post
Old 10-31-19, 09:43 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by mr_bill

Other than the OPs rant, where surprise, everyone else is an idiot (or maniac), *you've* never seen anyone RIDING LIKE TOTAL JERKS with children on their bikes.

-mr. bill

When you picked this little argument with me or whatever it's supposed to be, you quoted me for the proposition that because I am making the choice for the child to be on the back of my bike, I do feel a responsibility to take fewer risks than I would with an adult. The fact that I've seen plenty of people ride their bikes like total jerks, I've seen plenty of riders carrying children, but I've never seen anyone riding their bike with a child like a total jerk would indicate to me that I'm not alone in this sentiment. Now I really have never seen anyone ride a tandem bike like a total jerk, but that may or may not be because I really don't see that many tandem bikes in the wild.

Was I wrong to think I should be a little more cautious riding with my sons than I would by myself? They both weigh considerably more than I do at this point and prefer pedaling their own bikes, so it's a bit late to correct the error.