Old 12-09-19, 02:02 PM
gurk700

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Razorrock
I hear this a lot on here but am curious what brand bikes do you buy? Assuming you are buying new. From what I see I can't buy Trek, Specialized, Giant, Scott, or Cannondale without picking it up from an authorized dealer. Am I missing something.
You can buy direct from many brands or buy frame and build it up. I have purchased 2 brand new bikes in my life.

One was my first ever aluminum Felt. Didn't know enough so besides the horrid setup (found out later. not talking fit but unnecessarily long cables, headset done wrong where the expander plug thing wasn't even aligned with the stem so the stem was clamped on bare carbon etc) I couldn't tell much wrong with it due to inexperience.
Since that one I have bought used frames and built them up myself. Learned from people around me I trust or internet.
Then years later I saw a BMC Roadmachine that I loved in a store. Bought that and all the nightmare back and forth with the shop I mentioned has happened.
Since then I've bought several S-works. 0 issues.

So not sure if that answers your question. Not too familiar with Trek, giant, scott or cannondale.