Old 05-18-20, 11:41 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4348 Post(s)
Liked 3,984 Times in 2,661 Posts
Originally Posted by pedpower
I hear you on the dealers. They lowball you and then flip it for a tremendous profit. Crooks!
Yep you nailed us, we are out to plunder and pillage from the locals. How dare someone buy your used bike, put money into fixing it and floor space and time and effort to selling it and charge someone else more money then they paid? Employees should starve and they should use candle lights.

You want to make more money, try and sell the bike yourself, you enjoy the hassle or you can let someone else do it and you might not make as much but all you have to do is hand them the bike and they hand you the cash. No responding to emails and calls and people saying they want the bike who fall through and multiple people lowballing you and the constant trying to list it and re list ...it sounds absolutely wretched to me but my time is valuable. I would rather make a little less but not have any hassle, that is why I am teaming up with a co-worker to sell a bike, I could do it myself and make more but I would rather have him do the selling and get some commish and I am still coming out on top (though just a bit lower down) with a lot less work.

Luckily I never have to deal with selling used bikes at the shop, we aren't a pawn shop and don't want to be one.
Likes For veganbikes: