View Single Post
Old 05-19-20, 01:29 PM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Originally Posted by Chrisp72
JImfromBoston...I guess I'll get into the specifics of the situations as it's good for me to put it right in my head...

Sophie and I are both near 50 in age. She's a professed couch potato but is really a fan of outdoor activity. We're both in average shape and I don't think she has any experience cycling. I've known her for three? weeks and we have met once.

She lives in a fairly urban area in Toronto and I'm located outside of the city on the eastern border in Pickering Ontario
Thanks for your nice, candid reply, @Chrisp72. Again, I don’t have any specific advice, but Toronto has been a favorite city of mine, and have posted about two visits that included cycling.
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
This may be one of the northernmost ride descriptions on the Metro Boston thread. For the past two days the family and I have been visiting Toronto, and I’ve rented a bike-share bike, similar to our Hubways. I think if you were to distill the best features of New York and Boston, you would produce Toronto, at least for cycling.

There’s the exciting and interesting environment of cavernous downtown streets, but easy access to pleasant neighborhood cycling. We stayed in a section at the periphery of the downtown called Yorkville, like Back Bay but larger and more elegant. Within about five minutes I was into a pleasant neighborhood of older but well-kept houses similar to Brookline….

My son was particularly interested to visit the various ethnic neighborhoods for which TO is famous. Though we walked and took the fabulous subway and streetcar system, cycling would be the ideal way to explore.
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
”Does your spouse ride with you?”

Not since about 1990.

Since our children came starting in 1988, I can recall one long ride pulling our two-year-old son in a trailer, and one short fun ride in on a quadricycle on Toronto’s Harbour Islands in 2014

˅˅˅˅

Last edited by Jim from Boston; 05-19-20 at 01:40 PM.
Likes For Jim from Boston: