View Single Post
Old 05-20-20, 10:48 AM
bark_eater 

Bikes: Road ready: 1993 Koga Miyata City Liner Touring Hybrid, 1989 Centurion Sport DLX, "I Blame GP" Bridgestone CB-1. Projects: Yea, I got a problem....

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 753 Post(s)
Liked 737 Times in 422 Posts
Thanks for all the feed back. I'm sort of trying to figure out how deep this particular money pit could be. The "Sunk Costs" will be pretty high if the glued in headset only lasts 500 miles. I've also got a lot of "Sunk Cost" into getting set up for frame building. That 500 pound milling machine table I dragged home is going to have to earn its keep some day. So I have been looking for nice broken frames to practice on in the future. Thus the interest in replacing the head tube my self. I have lost 80% of my active free time since the schools closed and the world ended. I do still scheme..

So... moving forward with gluing a head set in, Is there a particular design that would be better for this application? I'm figuring one with sealed replaceable cartridge bearings would make sense as far as being replaceable with out messing with the cups. I've never taken one of these apart, so I don't know what I don't know.

The brake mounts will either work or not work. Valuing my teeth I will have a pro replace if necessary.

Here are some pictures of the dilemma: