TamaraEden

Bikes: TREK WSD 7000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tom Stormcrowe
Talk about your rides, then.
**This is a repost of a comment I made on another Hybrid thread - and it wasn't today - but what the heck!

Crap, that means I have to get out and...ummm...ride I love riding my bike but I haven't become a daily rider yet. The goal is to ride to work most days once the school year begins; however, my ride is terribly short. My husband and I have only had our bikes about 2 months or so. I prob can list most of my rides here

Let's see, our last ride was on the back side of Griffith Park. If you're familiar with the area, we started where the kids train is, rode down Crystal Springs . The road was closed which meant taking the hybrids on to the horse trail which was new to me. Husband used to dirt/mountain bike avidly when he was younger so for him it was nostalgic. There was a hill there that made me grumble. Husband said he didn't think I'd make it. Yes, I'm outta shape. We continued over to the LA Zoo and around to the LA River Bike Path back and around. It was only a 7 or so mile loop but the little hills made it a serious work out for both of us.

And for the hell of it, my first longer ride below on the Manhattan Beach Bike Path, just 8 miles but for me great! My longest now is 11.5 (getting there slowly but surely).

And our bikes