Old 09-29-18, 06:09 PM
GREEKSTER

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question A Tall Person's Conundrum

Greekings,

I am new to cycling and am looking for an all-around bike that I could use for multiple purposes (pleasure, commuting, possibly bike-packing?). About 6 years ago while I was in college, a friend invited me to bike from the Oregon-California border back to SoCal where we live. It was a "just for fun", spur-of-the-moment adventure. I bought the biggest touring bike I could find that fit my budget and we set off. The trip ended short for me due to excruciating knee pain which I believe resulted from too small a bike.

It has been a desire of mine to try cycling again, this time with a little more research. My problem is that I can't seem to find any bike manufacturers that offer bicycles that would fit my tall frame. I have looked into a custom cycle, but cost is a big factor there. I would be willing to go this route if there are no other options.

Here's some of the more important details you probably want to know:

6 ft 7 in

245 lbs

Pubic Bone Height: 101.5

Trunk: 71.5 cm

Forearm: 39.37 cm

Arm: 78.105 cm

Thigh: 70.802 cm

Lower Leg: 62.484 cm

Sternal Notch: 165.1 cm

Total Body Height: 200.66 cm

Saddle height: 91 cm

I guess I'm turning here to see if anyone has recommendations or insight for me. I do not have a lot of experience/knowledge regarding cycling, so anything that puts me in the right direction helps.

Thank you