View Single Post
Old 05-15-08, 12:13 AM
AnnaMossity
'roid monkey wannabe

Bikes: I have a custom 2006 Zinn magnesium frame road bike set up for triathlon and a big semi-custom touring bike, the frame of which is a 1983 Apollo Prestige XL.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mcavana
Helpful hints that i just learned:

WHEN SETTING UP CAMP, AVOID SETTING UP NEAR ANYTHING THAT LOOKS OUT OF THE ORDINARY. There are some sick people out there, and if I had followed this simple rule (that is not always that obvious) I would have avoided a realy scary situation.

Mike
I read your story about the encounter with the crazy guy with much interest. I didn't want to bring up the subject of guns on tour but since you did I figured I'd ask: A friend and I are planning on doing a lot of touring in the next several years and undoubtedly this will take us from our home in Canada, all over the US and possibly even into central and south America. If you have info on bringing guns into the latter 2 regions great but if not then just tell me if it is okay to bring semi-automatic pistols into the US while on tour and where do you get info on the different regulations in different states? I hear California has banned semi-auto pistols, is that true? I'd hate to have to leave my gat at home :S