Old 06-22-20, 02:28 PM
himespau 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4237 Post(s)
Liked 2,949 Times in 1,808 Posts
Originally Posted by big john
I have a 100 oz expandable pack which I use for mountain biking because I carry a bunch of crap and don't use a seat bag or a bottle cage. It's obnoxious but I can't do without it on long mtb rides.
I also have the 70 oz model which doesn't have pockets and just carries water, (it does have a net). It isn't too bad and when it's empty I hardly notice it. I'm told by friends that the new designs are better than the older ones, but all my stuff is old. I wouldn't wear one on the road except for the pandemic causing water sources to be turned off plus I don't want to go into stores if I can avoid it.
I get it. I dislike carrying bottles in my jersey almost as much. Actually, based on your first comment, I found a Lobo (100 oz, small amount of storage) on Sierra Trading Post for $49, so I figured I'd try it and see if they've gotten any better. To be honest, most of my (not with the family) riding these days is on Zwift, so I just set as many bottles on the shelf next to me that I think I'm going to need. But I do need to get back on the road one of these days. My wife asked me if I wanted to have time to take a really long ride for Father's Day, but it was hot and muggy and I was feeling lazy, so I just went down to the basement for a couple hours on the trainer instead.
Likes For himespau: