View Single Post
Old 05-15-19, 01:58 PM
wktmeow

Bikes: CAAD 10

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked 229 Times in 111 Posts
8 minute intervals for me as well, @burnthesheep. They're hard, definitely one of my least favorite durations. I've been trying to start them fairly conseratively and seeing how I feel for the last two.

Yesterday's first two were stronger than last week, but last two were weaker. But, I took yesterday off, and the legs always feel a little heavier when I do that. Also I re-zero'ed the PM after the first effort because my PE did not match my watts, so maybe it was reading a little low and I went a little too hard.

I'm just glad to be able to finish them. My best earlier in the season was 322w on the last effort of a set, but that was after I think 5 weeks straight of doing vo2 work. I just started doing these again last week, so I'm currently targeting around 305-315w. I estimate my FTP somewhere between 280-290. I haven't really tested in a while, but I did a 55 minute climb earlier this season at around 285, and I think I'm still in that ballpark after coming back from some setbacks. I have been doing the efforts on the trainer, though. I wonder if I could squeeze out a bit more outdoors.

Long distance endurance is feeling really good after BWR though. I felt really fresh at the end of my 4 hour z2 on Saturday. Sunday's Palomar climb @ 50-60 RPM and targeting 240w was a little tougher, especially the hilly ride back to the car.
Likes For wktmeow: