View Single Post
Old 08-15-19, 09:40 AM
ksryder

Bikes: yes

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1281 Post(s)
Liked 643 Times in 329 Posts
This was on a r e d d i t thread but I can't link to it because BF policy is laughably out of touch. Anyway apparently these two knew each other and there was some sort of ongoing dispute.

Florida man, cycling edition

This cropped up in a listserv.

Let me preface this by wishing my condolences to the deceased cyclist's family and friend. A tragic situation all around and no one should die doing the sport they love.

That said, this story is kind of bonkers:

I’ve done this ride many times

The group always starts wicked early due to traffic and heat in Miami.... they all ride with lights on their bikes for this reason.

You do a few laps, then a sprint line and all that.... pan flat with the exception of the only hill in the area... a massive bridge. I’d guess and says it’s 9% for less than 1k.

Anyway, this AM, they had an unbelievable event.

The news doesn’t even have all the info yet, but a friend of mine was on the ride and told me what happened.

Big group, rolls out as always... there is an exchange of words, then argument BETWEEN RIDERS. Many juniors do this ride, and one of kids father was following the ride as support... which is common. Things got heated between 2 riders.....so much so that the entire ride pulls over.... the kids father, who was following on the motorcycle, pulls out a gun. The group somehow got the gun away from him... but the junior cyclist snatches it back and then give it back to his father.... the father then shoot one of the cyclist.

Unbelievable, but true.

https://wsvn.com/news/local/miami-da...an-in-custody/
Likes For ksryder: