View Single Post
Old 08-14-19, 08:09 AM
mtarrant05

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Leinster
I think you both missed the “On A Budget” part of the video title. The purpose of the build was always to get maximum bang for minimum buck. AXS and Dura Ace are not budget choices. It is, as pointed out above, a “thought experiment” but for someone putting together a build, it’s a decent jumping-off point.

I like the idea of taking an old frame and putting modern parts on. As said above in a couple places, a vintage steel frame with 753 or Columbus SL would be a more fun project than an early 00’s Trek, but each to their own.
Funny you would mention that because I pivoted here! Saw a 1986 Peugeot Triathlon (PSN10) come up on Facebook. Perfect sizing. Picked it up yesterday. $200. 2 owners. Great condition.

This thing is LIGHT! Honestly, I may just throw some fresh tape, new brake cables, chain and call it a day for now.

Question for you guys- both rims are aluminum. Rear is a Wheelmaster LP18, replaced after bending the original popping a curb. The front is the OEM Mallard wheel. Should I replace that front wheel to match? Any value there? 700c.