View Single Post
Old 10-02-19, 03:33 PM
RH Clark

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 539 Post(s)
Liked 466 Times in 259 Posts
Alabama to Colorado,need serious advice.

I have about lost my ever loving mind apparently. I have become a biking advocate and all around pain to most of my family. I have been riding only about 8 months but have gone through an incredible transformation in the last 13 months. I have lost 160 lbs,now weigh only 170 and bike 50-75 miles a week and do 20-30 mile runs on the week ends. All this is mostly dirt roads and mountain trails and cow pastures on a 2017 Trek Marlin 5. I know I have a long way to go in training but I have done much more and gone farther now than anyone thought so I do think I can achieve this goal.

My intention is to bike from Alabama to Colorado next spring if I can train enough to make the attempt. I want one good bike that can do my rough rocky dirt roads and old logging roads but still go across country. I can really only afford one bike and right now it looks like the Surly Troll is in the top for consideration. I am a newby but it seems like the Troll could do it all with just the change of tire size.

Do you folks think the Troll is a good choice.and do you think there is a better choice?