View Single Post
Old 10-02-19, 07:02 PM
RH Clark

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 539 Post(s)
Liked 466 Times in 259 Posts
Originally Posted by Bigbus
You have a lot of learning to do before embarking on such a journey, and not just simple servicing of your bike and gear, but the different cultures you're going to encounter along the way. I like the Troll too, even though it doesn't have any front suspension, which is something I would need on a long trek. Here's a link to one that has the carriers and a few other things on it that look good.
https://bikepacking.com/plog/gear-stuff-mikes-bike/

Good luck,
Thanks,and I do know I have a lot of learning to do. I've started hanging out with some cyclists from a local non profit shop. Just getting started but I'm not a young dumb kid either. I am 51 years young and wanting to live a little before I die. I do have extensive knowledge of camping very minimalistic, and won't be on a time frame when I leave. Even if I only travel a couple states on the first attempt, I'll try again the next year. Destination isn't as important to me as the trip.

PS
I'm 6'1 and 170 lbs with a 32" inseam. I now wear 30-32 jeans. 13 months ago I wore 48-32 jeans and weighed in excess of 330.

Just telling my size to help suggestions on a bike and my old size to say that I know I have a long ways to go but I can do it. I really do have the drive and determination.

Last edited by RH Clark; 10-02-19 at 07:06 PM.
Likes For RH Clark: