View Single Post
Old 06-13-20, 10:33 PM
rholland1951

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 534 Post(s)
Liked 1,750 Times in 891 Posts
Put a little air in the big, soft Rat Trap Pass tires on the Surly Trucker DeLuxe and rode East.

East Arlington: here be dragons.

Malden: back on the Northern Strand again.

Revere, Northern Strand: the Route 1 cloisters.

Revere, Rumney Marsh: the Revere and Saugus sections of the Northern Strand offer a gravel surface and some estuarine beauty. When there's a sea breeze, they throw air conditioning into the deal.

Saugus Town Hall, looking trim for Flag Day.

Saugus war memorial, with topiary wayfinding aid.

Saugus Iron Works. Technically the park is closed, but passive use appears to be permitted, and a few families were wandering the grounds. Since the Northern Strand bridge across the Saugus River is closed at the moment, I thought the Iron Works would make a suitable alternative to the Lynn causeway as a destination for this ride. I've toured the forge and mill in less pestilent times, and was just happy to be there.

Returning on the Northern Strand, I found that Malden had a different approach to wayfinding.

27 miles of pavement and gravel, on and off road, up hill, down dale, and along the flats, through Arlington, Medford, Malden, Melrose, Revere, and Saugus, with weather that couldn't have been much better.

rod

Last edited by rholland1951; 06-19-20 at 09:04 PM.
Likes For rholland1951: