View Single Post
Old 07-02-20, 04:47 AM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1628 Post(s)
Liked 3,114 Times in 1,683 Posts
usually. i've got the medium-sized ottolock and frequently run that around the frame + the helmet through the spokes of either tire simultaneously
even if i think i'm not going to use the restroom/maintain direct visual contact with the bike 100% of the time parked. you just never know.

had an opportunistic thief try to abscond with my '85 pinarello treviso about 7 months ago while outside a tasting room where i was enjoying a beer. i was on him in 4 seconds
and simply asked "would you like the lock combination? it'll be easier that way." he cursed me out and medium-speed, shuffled away down the street.
didn't seem like a pro...more like a crackhead but when your bike gets stolen, it doesn't matter.

if you can swing it, it's always better to take it, and use it. you never know when you'll be distracted just long enough. attractive/flirty person. payment/tech issues paying the bill,
engrossed in the latest kuwtk drama on your phone, conversation with a nearby patron, mapping out the closest bike store to borrow the shop pump, textarguing with the significant other,
putting in a (potentially winning) bid on a possible n + 1 in the closing seconds of an auction...etc.

Last edited by diphthong; 07-02-20 at 04:57 AM.
Likes For diphthong: