Old 12-05-23, 12:03 PM
squirtdad

Bikes: Kirk Custom JK Special, '84 Team Miyata,(dura ace old school) 80?? SR Semi-Pro 600 Arabesque

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2338 Post(s)
Liked 2,827 Times in 1,543 Posts
[QUOTE=Bicilover;22015636]
Originally Posted by tcs
The Pashley Roadster Sovereign has those 28" wheels, upright riding position and full chain case plus gears, real brakes, high quality saddle and a Dynohub. Just sayin'.

Pashley shows two dealers in Australia:

Thanks,

They make nice bikes , I have seen them up close, but they more in the English / Dutch upright style

I'm a sucker for

1. Single speed and more aggressive frame geometry (for a city bike)
3. Italian aesthetics
4. and yes freni a bacchetta , well not mandatory .......
here is an different idea....make your own (of course not sure what you parts availability is

find a bike with an frame geometry you like (most likely it will be drop bar road bike....that is what i would target) added note: extra points for starting with an Italian bike......

Put a new set of handle bars on ( Velo orange postino sound like what you are looking for https://velo-orange.com/collections/...ndlebar-22-2mm )
add brakes to match (I like the tektro city https://velo-orange.com/collections/...-22-2-dia-bars)

you are set to ride now and this is a fun set up in my experience

you can also just you one gearing and see if you really like single speed (note: IMHO there really is not a lot of maintenance difference between a single speed and multiple speed....and you can split the difference by making it a 1x? setup

depending on the bike you could add dual pivots

and then is you are set on single speed you have a log of options, cleanest, but most expensive would be to get a new wheel set with a single speed or flip/flop rear wheel

Good luck (from a guy who grew up watching Skippy the Kangaroo and the Magic Boomerang)

Last edited by squirtdad; 12-06-23 at 05:30 PM.