View Single Post
Old 02-22-19, 09:18 AM
davidhunternyc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rhenning
Again I think the Helix is a good idea I am just a bit surprised by the weight. I talked about my wife's bike S&S coupled 24 inch Seven which was custom built for her as a one off bike. The bike in the picture is about 16 pounds plus or minus a bit as you see it. Roger
Yes, I am quite familiar with Seven and they offer a superlative product. There titanium bicycles are second to none in the industry and I trust your weight numbers. This is why I am sighing with the numbers that Helix is claiming. Yes, the folds, clamps, and hinges will increase weight but by 11 pounds? Even so, comparing the artist renderings and the actual product I'm pretty impressed with the accuracy of the real world Helix. Perhaps the two most notable differences are 1) the seat post - originally in carbon fiber and 2) the angle of the fork and head tube. The finished seat post is disappointing. Could you purchase a third party carbon fiber seat post and swap out the Helix version? Not sure if another seat post would fit in the Helix's seat tube. As far as the angle of the fork and head tube are concerned perhaps the change is necessary for optimal performance of the fork? It will be interested exploring these concerns once more people get their Helix's and reviews start being posted.