Old 06-17-19, 02:33 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by KraneXL
This has been the case for some time now. Which is why our kids have gotten fat and lazy before their time. I was on the elevator the other day with twenty-somethings that waited for the elevator to go down one floor.

Parents think its cool to buy their kids electric devices completely ignoring the importance of their developing muscles and bone structure. If they never develop during the formative year, they will suffer for the rest of their lives. Way to go parents.
The balance is a lot tougher than that for parents. If kids aren't electronically literate, they are going to be at a personal and professional disadvantage growing up. And parents these days get shamed regularly if they can't account for their kids whereabouts at any given moment.

I agree things are out of balance in terms of getting kids to stay physically active, but I can understand the pressures they are facing that would lead them to think it's better to have their kids staring at a screen than having their kids out roaming around.
Likes For livedarklions: