Old 02-27-15, 03:42 PM
danilo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi Guys,

I've never 'built up' a bike before, so if you all could lend me some advice, that'd be great!

I have this Rossin frame... it's got old 6-speed Dura ace. And some newer shimano brakes, DA seat post I believe, and DA quill stem. The bike is nice, however I feel like updating it... making it lighter, a bit faster, snappier, tighter, and freshening up the look. I plan to take apart the bike to get it repainted (colors not decided yet, but Pelizolli scheme is an option as I like red/white). I'm not a purist, so doing newer components would actually be ok by me, I actually like the stealth black components, chain rings etc. as it makes the frame stand out...

I wouldn't mind hunting for used components, so how new can I go?

1) At the minimum, I'd like to do new rims/wheels. Now given the Dura Ace 6-speed, I understand this is a limitation, so I may need to keep my rear hub if at least for now?

2) If I upgrade the group to a more modern groupset, then this may open up my hub options/wheel options?

3) If I upgrade the group, how new should I go? I understand there's limitations with spacing and such.

First a pic my Rossin:

Pelizzoli inspiration (this is pretty close to ideal!)

Specialized 40th Allez inspiration, very modern but still well done!