Old 04-23-21, 12:51 AM
mech986 

Bikes: Italvega Super Speciales and Superlights

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 355 Post(s)
Liked 345 Times in 174 Posts
Spotted in SF CL, IMO worth it for vintage Campy parts alone, great buy if your size, help the guy find a worthy new owner.

1971 Windsor Profesional - $350 OBO (mission district)

frame size: 61cm, 57cm top tube
elling my vintage 1971 Windsor Profesional. 50 years old but still rides and looks fantastic. People are always complimenting me and asking about it. This bike is light, stiff and responsive - perfect for dashing around the city.

Windsor, a Mexican company that was trying to break into the high end racing market at the time, made the frame with high quality double butted tubing and top of the line Italian Cinelli and Campagnolo components. The racy cut and drilled chrome lugs are a really handsome touch. All original Campagnolo Nuovo Record groupset, Cinelli 1A stem and Giro d' Italia handlebars. Caliper brakes and levers are newer Suntour Superbe, but they fit the look well. Definitely needs a better seat for the full effect, but the one on there rides fine.

Geometry is high and tight - 61cm seat tube fits taller riders (6ft +) but the top tube is shorter (57cm). This was common with Italian bikes of that era; tucks the rider in low, great for cornering and bombing hills. The shorter reach is great if you have longer legs and shorter torso too.

Just put on new Vittoria tires, new tubes, new bar tape, new chain, new brake pads and had a shop do a tune up. This beauty is ready to ride! It is 50 years old so the paint and decals are chipping and bit scratched, but I think this just adds to the vintage charisma. If you wanted to splash out for cleaner look, you could powder coat and the result would be stunning.

$350 OBO - I'm willing to negotiate since I want it to find a good home. I'm moving an can't take it with me.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/bik...310866046.html