Old 08-26-18, 07:41 AM
hhk25

Bikes: 2017 Marinoni Tourismo Extreme, 1984 Trek 520, 1987 Niskhiki International, 2013 Brompton M6R, 2016 Brompton P6R

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by revcp
Have you thought of using a handheld instead, like an etrex 30x? You'll get 25-30 hours on aaa batteries that you then change out with new ones instead of having to find someplace to charge your device. If you prefer rechargeable, as I do, for various reasons, you can bring a charger along and juice up spare batteries as you are able, but you won't be held hostage to the needs of your gps unit.

An etrex would not work for the wahoo sensors, but perhaps you could use a different non gps computer for that. It would not drain nearly as quickly as a gps computer, as it's the gps link that really goes after the battery.
Thinking long and hard about the eTrex. Running on AAAs is very appealing. Does it have basic bike computer functionality like speed, avg. speed., distance to end, etc. As opposed to having just a map display. I often just want to see how far I have to go to get to my next waypoint, how long I've been riding, etc. The map itself is not that important.