LAJ
So it is

Bikes: Luzerne, 684, Boreas, Wheelhouse, Alize©®, Bayamo, Cayo

Mentioned: 246 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11404 Post(s)
Liked 4,761 Times in 2,770 Posts
Originally Posted by sbxx1985
Sweet! Tell Mrs. LAJ her truck is bad ass. I asked what year because I was hoping she got a 2nd Gen. All kinds of issues with the new(er) 3rd Gen 3.5, including problems with the transmission. Lots of people wishing they had held on to their old Taco instead of "upgrading." I have no intention of ever giving up my 2012.

I wanted the 5.7 Tundra before that goes away soon too. It's going to be replaced with a V6 and it sounds like it might be a hybrid. No thanks.
Thank you, sbxx. Yep. I'm a firm believer of tried and true, and we'll let others be the car beta testers. If you pull up Technical Service Bulletins on a 2015, it's basically have a page, with a third of them dealing with floor mats. TSB's are dealer actions addressing known problems, and occasionally turn into recalls. I checked other makes, and they were numbered in the 100's, so I felt good. Plus, being in the trades, I rarely hear or see issues with that generation. Heck, even the earlier 3.4 and 3.0's are kicking strong.

It was a choice between Larry Miller (Tour of Utah) or Groove. We went Groove, and since it was a Toyota dealer, it's Certicare covered, though I don't expect to ever need it. Sponsoring a bike team actually steered me to them, and I made sure and let them know.

I agree on your 5.7 choice. Also tried and true, and a real hoss in regards to power and torque. Good stuff, and way cool you hung on to the Tacoma.