View Single Post
Old 06-29-11, 05:33 AM
mjwithtwins

Bikes: 2011 Trek Utopia, 1999 Klein Quantum

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Have you checked to see if your lbs will price match on the bike that is further away? If you like the vita and can afford the elite go with that one because you will appreciate the carbon fork and smoother running components. If both stores have one in your size call the closer store and ask for a price match at least on the bike.

Service plans, etc... Don't really factor much for me because my DH does all of my maintenance so I wouldn't hesitate to drive 2 hours to buy a bike if that is the one I really liked. But if I had to rely on the bike store for service a 2 hour drive would cancel out any great service plan they had. That being said, your local store will be able to work on your bike,you just won't get a discount of free service the first year. Other then minor adjustments to get everything dialed in when you purchase you really shouldn't need service the first year.

So if you really liked the kona over the vita and don't mind making the drive to buy it I would go for it. As far as the Jamis, make sure they have one in stock for you to ride. So far I have found Jamis dealers to be very low on in store stock in my area. I have tried 3 times now to test ride a road bike and so far not one has had it in stock.

Based on the bikes you have bee able to ride I would probably go with the vita elite if it were me.