View Single Post
Old 08-24-15, 04:23 PM
Sonmi451

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Delmarva
The list is set up by function. Which parts do you want to torque?
Corrected link to 2015 manual:
http://service.specialized.com/colla...0000044211.pdf

Okay, so there are torque settings on each part, I understand these are MAX torque settings right? But you're supposed to look at the Torque settings for each manufacturer by frame or something? For example, my seat post & handle bars are Specialized, so I would refer to the chart I posted, but my crank is an FSA Tempo, so I would have to look at the FSA site for their specifications right?

So I'm confused because my seat post clamp is Specialized and it says 6.2 Nm but all the seat posts on that pdf are at least 9 Nm, AND I can't tell which seat post I have. It doesn't have a name on it. From the product description, it says "Alloy, 2-bolt, micro adjust..."

I basically don't want to over tighten a seat clamp or something stupid and bust my carbon frame. I hope all the makes sense. Thanks for the help!

edit: I think I'm an idiot because those torque settings are referring to the top bolts on the seat post, not the seat clamp itself. I guess that's the "seat collar" which is the 27.2mm seat post which would be 6.2 Nm. Did I just figure out my own problem?

Last edited by Sonmi451; 08-24-15 at 04:27 PM.