Old 07-12-19, 11:18 AM
79pmooney

Bikes: (2) ti TiCycles, 2007 w/ triple and 2011 fixed, 1979 Peter Mooney, ~1983 Trek 420 now fixed and ~1973 Raleigh Carlton Competition gravel grinder

Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4806 Post(s)
Liked 3,932 Times in 2,557 Posts
I eat very little fruit juice but have a big bowl of freshly cut fruit, honey granola and non-dairy yogurt almost every morning. I wonder where that leaves me (other than starting my day well and with bowels that work very well, thank you).

I wonder if the making of the juices breaks down the fruit's cell walls and is an issue. (I have noted all my life that I 1) really do not like cut fruit that isn't minutes fresh and 2) never felt my best after eating it. I was taught that I should eat the fruit at buffets, food lines, etc. and always tried to get away with as little as possible. Was my body on to something? (I never liked milk either. Switching to yogurt for my cereal when I was 23 was a revelation.)

I do notice a big difference in how I feel between standard fruit juices, even ones made with no artificial ingredients or white sugar, and the really fresh, non-pasteurized ones like the Odallas. (sp) After a hard ride, the Odalla juices or equally fresh hit the spot completely. Don't buy them often - both expense and the need to refrigerate them promptly and consume them soon. The big name juices never hit the spot in the same way. Even their juices that are supposed to be "good".

Just my observations.

Ben