Space for rent

Bikes: Trek Fuel EX-5, Trek 8.2 Dual Sport

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rsbob
I have a couple.

Before the dawn of mobile phones; when riding with a couple of buddies in a very rural area away from any houses, we were strafed by a guy in an old beater Plymouth Valiant. He then turned around and made another close pass coming across the line at us. We then got off our bikes and headed into the trees as he turned around yet again and buzzed by us again and thankfully kept going. It was like a scene out of the movie Dual with that old beater truck.

Another, before mobile phones (yes I have been riding for a few years) I was riding up a hill in heavy woods 1/4 mile from any houses, when I spotted something odd out of the corner of my eye. About 25 yards up in the trees were two pickups in painted in camo, with 4 guys with rifles just hanging out. When I took a second look, something invisible whisked in front of my tire into the bushes and then I heard the rifle report. I then sprinted away, as if I could outrun a bullet, as fast as my legs could go uphill to a nearby house. Knocked on the door and asked the woman to call the sheriffs dept. It took about 10 minutes for the cop to arrive and by then the yahoos had cleared out.

I have about 20 more but not nearly as frightening. Your turn.
Well, I was going to write details about the time I rode over the edge on a MTB trail falling about 10 feet onto a pile of rocks, ending up in the hospital for 3 days after surgery but yours beats the crap out of my story.