View Single Post
Old 07-27-21, 01:44 PM
Korina
Happy banana slug

Location: Arcata, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way

Bikes: 1984 Araya MB 261, 1992 Specialized Rockhopper Sport, 1993 Hard Rock Ultra, 1994 Trek Multitrack 750, 1995 Trek Singletrack 930

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1533 Post(s)
Liked 1,530 Times in 917 Posts
Originally Posted by Kat12
Oh, I've been in a situation where there were two of us on a tandem yelling at a guy and he had noooooo idea. Must've been painful to have his music that loud.

OTOH, me yesterday: "On your right!" Walker: *looks over her left shoulder*

I think I've told the story here before of the time I was running... a guy was coming down the sidewalk from his house (so, we were side-on to each other at right angles). Did. Not. See. Me. At. All. Like, no peripheral vision whatsoever-- a large moving object 2-4 feet away from him; didn't hear the footsteps, most people hear me breathing before I even have a chance to say anything... nope, not him. He turns onto the sidewalk almost right in front of me, predictably drifts across the middle of the sidewalk (now right in front of me). "On your left!" I say. He jumps, throws his arms in the air, and half screams. It was so stupidly dramatic I honestly thought he was joking around until I saw his face and realized that nope... I'd just scared the $#*@ out of him. Dude took "lack of situational awareness" to a whole new level... for a while I was nervous about running past his house again lest he see me and be like, "there's that creepy chick!" LOL
One day my husband was walking down the street towards his best friend, who was facing him. When my husband reached him and greeted him, the dude shrieked and jumped. Just because the lights are on, doesn't mean anyone's home.
Likes For Korina: