Old 08-07-19, 01:52 PM
badger1

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1581 Post(s)
Liked 1,189 Times in 605 Posts
Originally Posted by Paul9583
The Giant roam 0 2020 isn't available here in the UK yet, although online it's available on the Australian Giant website. I'm not a fan of the blue colour on it and whilst I think the 2019 version of matt black and chrome/silver is a bit boring for me it's a nicer bike to look at.

Thank you again for your help, I couldn't of asked for a more detailed reply from yourself
@ColonelSanders has given spot-on comment. FWIW, I've ridden both the current Roam 0 and the Crosstrail Elite (no access to Scott), though I own neither. Of the two, I'd definitely go with the Roam on all counts (drivetrain; fork; etc.), especially if you are interested in 'cross terrain' cycling as your original post suggests.

If I may, another possibility given that you are in the UK: the Pinnacle Cobalt 4 from Evans. The colour might make it a non-starter (?), but it is a really well sorted 'cross' (as in cross-terrain) bike in all respects: drivetrain, brakes, and (especially) the fork. The Rockshox Paragon Gold is probably the best fork one can have on this type of bike. It is also extremely good value for money.

Just another option to consider: https://www.evanscycles.com/en-ca/pi...-bike-EV306239
Likes For badger1: