Thread: Touring pics
View Single Post
Old 05-28-19, 07:51 AM
TimothyH
- Soli Deo Gloria -

Bikes: 2018 Rodriguez Custom Fixed Gear, 2017 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2015 Bianchi Pista, 2002 Fuji Robaix

Mentioned: 235 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6844 Post(s)
Liked 736 Times in 469 Posts
Originally Posted by shroomaroom
Indeed ! Have you been there before ? And you're welcome. I've been in the area a couple times already (it's one of the easiest/closest escapade from Paris) but had never stopped there. I've stayed a while wandering around, it's really really beautiful and peaceful. I might bring a proper film camera next time to get better shots than that of my phone.

Also of note, from later that day, the Dampierre Castle :

I have not been there but am very attracted to Cistercian spirituality and actually spent a short time at the Monastery of the Holy Spirit here in Georgia, USA.

When my children move out I'll probably become a Lay Associate to the monastic community - what they used to call an Oblate.

The architecture was immediately recognizable - the arches and rose window, etc.

Thanks again. I love seeing the old monasteries. Thoughts of the monks who gave their lives to work and prayer (ora et labora) and all the prayers offered in that place take my breath away.

-Tim-