Thread: Ms 150
View Single Post
Old 04-22-19, 04:56 AM
bmwjoe

Bikes: Pinarello FP Due, Cesare track bike modified for the street.

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked 37 Times in 25 Posts
Thanks for the tips. I am set for the rookie tent at LaGrange. What kind of structure is that? On some of my other rides I have slept in a barn and high school.

I am starting from the Rhodes stadium. How crazy is that in the morning with traffic? Can I just park there and walk to the luggage? I was thinking of riding from the hotel with my luggage on my back. Is that warranted?

I looked at the routes and nothing looks too scary. I did the NYC ride last year which was 100mi with 5800' last year fixed.
https://ridewithgps.com/routes/28217228
It had a few 10% climbs. It looks like the worst section is 5-6% on the challenge route with long climbs.

You sold me on the challenge route. I am looking forward to seeing the real Texas. I have been to Texas 20+ times over the years. Always for business. Mostly I see the airport, hotel and a factory. The only exception is Austin, where I have spent some time. It is a great place. I hope to see the country between the cities.

I do have VIP status, so I can go to all the nice areas at the finish.

I am looking to try chicken and waffles. Is that a thing in Texas? Can you recommend a place?

Ride Safe,

Joe

Last edited by bmwjoe; 04-22-19 at 04:58 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention VIP status.